Welcome Back! We have another great season lined up for everyone and a few updates to pass along.
Don't forget that the greens will be aerated on May 29th and the course will be closed until 2:00 pm. Please check the calendar for the latest information.
2013 Reciprocal Tee Times
- Bookings must be made 48 hours in advance.
- Monday to Thursday only and subject to available tee times.
- Bookings must be made through Kevin Broderson to recieve the Reciprocal Rate of $40.00 ($45.00 at Wolf Creek).
- Golf Canada or picture identification may be required.
- This rate is not valid for tournament rounds.
- You may be required to rent a power cart at some clubs.
Participating Clubs: Carstairs Community Golf Club, Innisfail Golf Club, Lacombe Golf & CC, Dinosaur Trail GC, Olds Central Highlands, Sundre GC, Pine Hills GC, Ponoka GC, Coyote Creek GC, Strathmore GC, Wolf Creek, Woodside GC and Alberta Springs GC
Interclub Dates (Everyone is Welcome!)
- $75 May 10 Woodside 2:00 pm Shotgun
- $75 May 24 Alberta Springs 3:00 pm Shotgun
- $75 June 28 Coyote Creek 4:00 pm Shotgun
- $75 July 12 Ponoka GC 4:00 pm Shotgun
- $75 July 26 Strathmore GC 4:00 pm Shotgun
- $75 August 30 Dinosaur Trail 2:30 pm Shotgun
- $75 September 13 Wolf Creek 1:00 pm Shotgun
- Cobra Golf, Friday May 10, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Taylor Made Golf, Friday May 24th, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Welcome everyone to the 2013 golf season. The management and staff are all geared up for the coming months and look forward to serving your needs.
Although the season started a couple of weeks behind, we are determined to make up the April shortfall. If you have not yet downloaded the new Lacombe Golf and Country Club app for your smartphone, contact the pro shop and they will be happy to assist and show you what you can do.
The Annual general Meeting saw no less than 5 directors elected to the Board for terms of varying lengths, but all persons were, in my estimation, excellent choices and will represent the members well. Please join me in welcomong Barb Young, Al Poole, George Saganis, and Kelly McKinlay as new members of your Board of Directors.
For the coming year, the Board will spend a good part of their time on operational issues. The past year we established a focus committee which worked on a strategic plan for he golf course and made several recommendations tht we will be working on implementing. The course wintered well and CJ and his staff will have it in pristine condition soon.
Although 2012 was a great success financially, we will continue to be cautious and have no major course improvements planned for this year, at least until we can replicate the profits we saw last year.
So, have a great year at the course, play well and remember:
"As you walk down the fairway of life, you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round." Ben Hogan
2013 Board of Directors